none
Can't make JavaScript REST call for license verification service RRS feed

• Question

• The documentation (https://dev.office.com/officestore/docs/add-license-checks-to-office-and-sharepoint-add-ins) 

The Office Store license verification web service also supports verifying add-in license tokens by using REST calls. To validate an add-in license by using REST, use the following syntax, where {token} is the add-in license token, encoded by a method that complies with RFC 2396. For example, the encodeURIComponent() function in JavaScript, or the Uri.EscapeDataString method in the .NET Framework:

https://verificationservice.officeapps.live.com/ova/verificationagent.svc/rest/verify?token={token}

How can I use REST to verify tokens with a cross domain call via JavaScript?

The add-in, according to the documentation, consists of only XML, JavaScript, and html files. 

This document also states that "Calling the Office Store verification service from client-side code is not supported. You must use server-side code to query the Office Store verification web service.", but other documents state that the service is available from both server and client systems.

-- Ephraim

Friday, May 12, 2017 8:24 PM

Answers

• Hi EphraimF,

As I inform you in other threads.

I already provided you the available method for verification.

we don't have any other documentation for verification currently.

in future if new documentations are available then I will inform you about that.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by EphraimF Thursday, May 18, 2017 1:58 PM
    Tuesday, May 16, 2017 7:45 AM