Database files is larger then the configured maximum database size.. need help.. RRS feed

• Question

• User1092578684 posted

Hi guys, hope somone can help me with this error.. I've been adding new product and suddenly this error appears.. hope masters here can help.. thanks in advance..

The database file is larger than the configured maximum database size. This setting takes effect on the first concurrent database connection only. [ Required Max Database Size (in MB; 0 if unknown) = 257 ]

System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException (0x80004005): The database file is larger than the configured maximum database size. This setting takes effect on the first concurrent database connection only. [ Required Max Database Size (in MB; 0 if unknown) = 257 ]
       at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ProcessResults(Int32 hr)
       at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteCommandText(IntPtr& pCursor, Boolean& isBaseTableCursor)
       at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, ResultSetOptions options)
       at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader()
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.DatabaseManager.SqlCeDatabase.SqlCeDatabaseProvider.GetTables(String connectionString)
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.DatabaseManager.IisDbManagerModuleService.GetTables(DatabaseConnection databaseConnection, String configPathState)
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.DatabaseManager.Client.ClientConnection.get_Tables()
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.DatabaseManager.Client.TablesHierarchyInfo.GetChildrenInternal()
       at Microsoft.WebMatrix.DatabaseManager.Client.DatabaseHierarchyInfo.GetChildren(ErrorNotification& errorNotification)

Friday, November 2, 2012 2:10 AM

Answers

• User643723830 posted

hi there,

Please go to your SQL Server Database -> right click your database -> Properties and please make sure you adjust your db size to a size you want

Hope this helps :)

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, November 2, 2012 5:50 AM
  • User395146012 posted

nopcommerce  use sql exprss, you can follow necro_mancer's suggestion to change the size, but you need sql server express management studio to do that .

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 9:38 PM

All replies

• User643723830 posted

hi there,

Please go to your SQL Server Database -> right click your database -> Properties and please make sure you adjust your db size to a size you want

Hope this helps :)

Friday, November 2, 2012 5:50 AM
  • User1092578684 posted

Thanks bro.. very much appreciated.. I wil try..

Lawrence

Friday, November 2, 2012 9:12 AM
  • User1092578684 posted

Sorry I forgot to mention, I'm using the nopcommerce and whe I click the database, I don't see the properties.. any advice?

thanks

Friday, November 2, 2012 9:17 AM
  • User395146012 posted

nopcommerce  use sql exprss, you can follow necro_mancer's suggestion to change the size, but you need sql server express management studio to do that .

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 9:38 PM
  • User512735076 posted

Hello I have the same problem, and I checked and the size is 256 MB. so it means that I raggionto the maximum capacity, but how can I do to increase the capacity of my datadase? please if m explained step by step as I am not very experienced THANKS

Friday, June 21, 2013 1:01 PM