Static HTML pages on asp.net core website? RRS feed

• Question

• User1153554953 posted

I had a project with a client requiring his static HTML website to be converted to a dynamic one, as he wanted some pages (not all) to generate data dynamically. So to achieve that I connected some pages with database, changed the extension of all .html pages to .cshtml pages, remember not all pages were dynamic still there were some pages that were static. As you guys know, that compiled .dlls are deployed on server when we deploy .net core app and there are no .cshtml or .html files there. Now my client is saying that he wanted to be able to edit static pages that were not linked with DB by himself by making changes on server side. Is there any way to not convert static pages to .dlls and make client able to edit the static pages himself by staying in asp.net core mvc app. I dont know any way because the Publish option at VS2019 by default converts all the files to compiled .dll. 

Wednesday, September 23, 2020 4:11 PM

Answers

• User1535942433 posted

Hi najum98,

No way to leave some .html files on asp.net web app server?

There is no way.A logical separation is  created between the app's client-side content and server-based code. This prevents server-side code from being leaked.

Best regards,

Yijing Sun

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, September 24, 2020 7:24 AM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

Is there any way to not convert static pages to .dlls and make client able to edit the static pages himself by staying in asp.net core mvc app.

No. You'll need to convert the static pages as well.

Wednesday, September 23, 2020 8:11 PM
  • User1153554953 posted

najum98

Is there any way to not convert static pages to .dlls and make client able to edit the static pages himself by staying in asp.net core mvc app.

No. You'll need to convert the static pages as well.

Thursday, September 24, 2020 5:17 AM
  • User1535942433 posted

Hi najum98,

There is no way.A logical separation is  created between the app's client-side content and server-based code. This prevents server-side code from being leaked.

Best regards,

Yijing Sun

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, September 24, 2020 7:24 AM