none
Can Not Reload VS 2012 After Hard Disk Crash

Question

• I recently had a hard disk crash that took out my VS 2012 Professional load. When I tried to reload on to the new disk, I got error after entering the keycode. Specifically, it said that the keycode was not "extensible" to the computer.  Which seems interesting since the program was originally on this computer.  I thought MS was tracking software by CPU serial number? What do I have to do to recover the software. Thanks!
    Thursday, June 16, 2016 11:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Aerospace Engineer,

>>I recently had a hard disk crash that took out my VS 2012 Professional load. When I tried to reload on to the new disk, I got error after entering the keycode. Specifically, it said that the keycode was not "extensible" to the computer.  Which seems interesting since the program was originally on this computer.

Would you mind letting us know more information about this issue?

You mean that you installed the VS2012 before in your machine, but the disk crashed or broken, so you change it to be a new disk, and now you want to re-open your previous VS, it couldn't be launch, am I right? or you re-install the VS using the same ISO file after you change the disk, but it doesn't work now?

>>I got error after entering the keycode.

What is the keycode? Is it the VS license you want to input during you re-install the VS?

If I have misunderstood this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 20, 2016 12:21 PM