none
Excel web app multiple sheets in workbook: variables on sheet which is different from the one that displays graphs and calculations RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'd like to build an excel webapp having an excel workbook loaded in skydrive (onedrive). The workbook is made up of several sheets: one for the variables one for the calculations (model engine) and several ones each of them displaying graphs and tables built upon the variables and calculations. Once loaded the entire workbook in a single page, everything simply works: the user may vary the variables then switching between sheets he/she can see the updated graphs and tables.

My question is: without varying the "asset" is possibile to load with the jsapi just one interval  from one sheet using the "item" key in the options map (ie:

var props = {
    item:"'G01'!$A$1:$N$11",
    uiOptions: {
    showGridlines: false,
    showRowColumnHeaders: false,
    showParametersTaskPane: false
    }

and then call and modify variables that are on "variable" sheet??

As far I can understand that's not possibile since loading the specified "item" simply define a "context" within the interval so anything else is simple not accessible.

Am I wrong??

Note: I 've loaded the excel on a web page if you'd like to know more about it.

Regards

Ignazio

Monday, March 31, 2014 1:17 PM

Answers