How can I sink the output of an Azure Data Factory activity to a SQL database? RRS feed

• Question

• In my pipeline, I have a Lookup activity, which outputs it's data to an Azure Function activity.

I'd like to save the result of the Azure Function activity to a SQL Database.

The only activity I can see which writes to a SQL Database (or other Dataset) is the Copy Data activity, but that doesn't seem like it can take the Azure Function activity's output as it's input.

My "ideal solution" would be to have the inverse of the Lookup activity that takes an input from some other activity and sinks it to a dataset.

It seems a little weird to me that there is a generic Lookup activity to read data from a dataset, but no generic "Store" activity to write data to a dataset.

Thursday, April 4, 2019 5:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Kevin,

Your query has been addressed on StackOverflow. If you have any further query do let us know.

Thursday, April 4, 2019 9:11 AM
  • Hi Kevin,

Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:57 AM