Add-ons Durable Product lifetime value - Where should the user get this info from? RRS feed

• Question

• I have an app in the store that also has Add-ons but have been set with a product lifetime of 7 days.

How is the information of 7 days presented to the potential purchaser?

The product lifetime of the add-on does not get displayed to the user as far as I can see. The Store Purchase screen does not contain the information so is the app responsible for know the product lifetime and presenting this? If so, would this not be better coming from the store?

Monday, October 23, 2017 4:38 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You could custom code for your purchase dialog in which you could include the description for your product info and a friendly "buy" button.

Also, you could also tell customers the product lifetime is 7 days in description section of the add on Store listing page so that customers could see it when entering Windows Store.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 2:46 AM
  • Mattew,

But where does the add-on store listing information get displayed? I think this is the problem!!

I have entered a details for the Add-on (add-on Store Listing) but this information never gets displayed, as you can from the purchased dialog image in my first message...it's just blank....should the add-on store details be displayed here?

TIA,

Dawson

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 10:41 AM
  • Hi Dawson,

Do you get your dialog in developing phase? You could install your app through Windows Store and try to test this again.

If you set the product lifetime as 7 days, then it could be displayed in Store like this:

When submitting an add-on, the info you provide in the Store listings step will be displayed to your customers when they see the option to acquire your add-on.

You can also make it in programming, like using your custom code for the purchase dialog.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 26, 2017 7:04 AM
  • Mattew,

You wrote:

>> When submitting an add-on, the info you provide in the Store listings step will be displayed to your customers when they see the option to acquire your add-on. <<

I never get to see the details that I have added to the store for my Add-ons.  I get to see the App in the store and the store listing for the app shows  "+ Offers in-app purchases"  but these are never displayed.

Question: How and when does a user of an app get to see the full details of the add-ons in the MS Store?

Thanks

Thursday, October 26, 2017 12:34 PM
  • Hi Dawson,

>Question: How and when does a user of an app get to see the full details of the add-ons in the MS Store?

What you see is the Store listing page for application product but not add-on product. The add-on details like the screenshot I provide are displayed in the add-on Store listing page.

When customer click the button which invokes RequestPurchaseAsync, the purchase dialog will be displayed and the transaction will be completed through Store. And customer could see your full details in your add-on's Store listing page if you have added it in description section.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support

Friday, October 27, 2017 8:47 AM
  • Hi,

>> When customer click the button which invokes RequestPurchaseAsync, the purchase dialog will be displayed and the transaction will be completed through Store. And customer could see your full details in your add-on's Store listing page if you have added it in description section. <<

Ok, this is want is suppose to happen but it's not. Here is my store listing entry... As you can see it has a description of "Test IAP with this" and then when I call 

_StoreContext = StoreContext.GetDefault();
                StorePurchaseResult result = await _StoreContext.RequestPurchaseAsync(storeId);

The dialog does NOT show the description or the details of the product lifetime, looks like a bug to me?

Dawson

Friday, October 27, 2017 9:58 AM
  • Hi Mattew

Any update for me please?  The Add-on descriptions are not appearing when the store dialog is being displayed.

Thanks

Friday, November 3, 2017 12:40 PM
  • Hi Dawson,

For the new namespace, each method presents a standard purchase UI to the user. If the user do not need to pay money for the product, the dialog will be like this.

If you need to let users know the product lifetime of your durable add-on, you could write in the text block or button related with the product. You can also disclose the "7 days" in your Title.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu 

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 7:51 AM
  • Mattew,

I have now added a price to my durable add-on so I would expect to see the Add-On description but I don't.

Please can you explain when and how the users on my app can see the full information that I have entered in the App store for my durable add-ons?   All they get to see is the Title and Price from the store so what is the point of adding the description which is key to explain the add-on in more detail. Also, where is the user going to see the "Product Lifetime" of the durable Add-On?

Thanks, Dawson

• Edited by db_cad Thursday, January 18, 2018 10:56 AM Added more details
    Thursday, January 18, 2018 10:52 AM
  • I have an app in the store and I have created two Add-ons, these are Durable and have a product lifetime of 7 days. All this information, along with Add-on details, have been entered in the MS App store.

When and where does a user get to see the information and details of the Add-on(s) that I have entered into the App store? If I visit the app store then no information is presented about the Add-ons, all I get to see is "You can buy stuff from this product"!!

Likewise, when inside the App and I click through to app store purchase I would expected the details that I have entered in to be displayed to the prospective purchaser including the Add-on lifetime but no, just a black screen from the App store.

Something missing here, can someone please explain?  Thanks

• Merged by Mattew Wu Monday, March 5, 2018 8:25 AM duplicate issue
    Thursday, February 8, 2018 6:11 PM
  • Hi Dawson,

For Windows.Service.Store namespace, the method presents a standard purchase UI to the user so you're not able to customize it. But you could add textblocks to describe your add-on product in details inside the page of your app.

For example, if you want user to know the product lifetime of your add-on, you could customize the purchase button like $x.99/monthly like below:

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Thursday, March 1, 2018 2:27 AM
    Monday, February 12, 2018 2:54 AM