none
Memory leak? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to track down what I suspect to be a memory leak in my application. This is a WCF application that is hosted in a Windows Service. The symptoms are that over about 24 hours the app grows to over 2 Gb and then I start getting alot of "corrupt memory" exceptions from calls to Commerce Server (this app makes calls to CS).

I have tried using Rico Mariani's Performance Tidbits (http://blogs.msdn.com/ricom/archive/2004/12/10/279612.aspx) but I get to vadump and I get alot of errors of two kinds. One, 'Error: Private ShareCount > 1, 0x7ff29000 5' and the other under Stack Working Set Contributions '0 pages from stack for thread 00000000' Then if I ignore these errors and I do 'windbg -p xxxx' with the command !DumpHeap -stat I get so many objects listed it is hard to see the object that seems to be in the majority let alone which method initiated the allocation. If I strickly follow the blog I find that SOS seems to be limited in its latest incarnation and much of the functionality has been removed. All in all I am requesting some memory leak diagnostic help. Please.

Thank you.

Kevin
    Friday, October 30, 2009 3:45 PM

Answers

All replies