locked
ReportViewer Calendar button Click does not show calendar RRS feed

  • Question

  • User1871557814 posted

    I have a reportviewer on a page which is grabbing a report from a report server. the page is basically just a dropdownlist and a reportviewer control. The problem I have is that in the report the user have to provide the dates for teh report. The reportviewer automatically adds the textbox for the date entry and a calendar icon in front of it so the user can select the date. if I look at this page  in FireFox, when you click on the calendar button created by the reportviewer, the calendar control show up momentrily and dispappears. If you look at the same page in IE 7.0 nothing happens other than the page appears to be submitted. Does any body have any ideas on how to go about troubleshooting this bug?

     

    Thanks

    Monday, December 17, 2007 3:38 PM

All replies

  • User-1520830457 posted

     Hi Budd,

    i am facing the same proble like you..

    Did you find any solution for your problem.?

     

    thanks

     

     

     

    Thursday, April 23, 2009 1:37 PM
  • User1871557814 posted
    Yes, make sure your report parameters are of type datetime.
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 7:22 PM
  • User-1520830457 posted

    thanks for the reply.

    I already did. The report works fine with calendar button using Reporting Service.

    But as soon as  i use reportviewer in ASP webpage, the calendar button does not work in IE and in Firefox it shows momentarily and disapears..is it whar you were experiencing ?

     Do you have any other suggestions ?

     Thanks for the help

    Thursday, April 23, 2009 10:40 PM
  • User348640295 posted

    Here is what I've found so far with using a Microsoft ReportViewer inside master page content:

    • First I got a javascript error when I clicked on the "View Report" button until I added this code to the code behind of the page with the ReportViewercontrol to disable partial rendering.
      •     protected void Page_Init(object sender, EventArgs e)
            {
                ScriptManager sm = ScriptManager.GetCurrent(this);
                if (sm != null)
                {
                    sm.EnablePartialRendering = false;
                }
            }
    • The next problem I noticed was with the date picker for a dateTime parameter. You can click on the calendar(datepicker) button but it pops up and immediately disappears again so you can't use it.
      • I'm currently going down a list of fixes that involve javascript functions to correct the z-index. none of them have worked so far but I'll update my post if I find a solution to my particular issue here.

    Here is the page with people venting similar frustrations and a bunch of suggested fixes that might work in your case. I have not found anything yet to fix my problem I don't feel I should have to use third party date pickers and prototype.js to fix this:

    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/01869b2b-6009-4a43-a7ab-7b7b274a7121

    I'll try and post an update when I find my solution here

    UPDATE:

    I thought the calendar problem had to do with using the report viewer in a master/content page but I created a brand new page that doesn't use a masterpage and I'm having the exact same calendar picker issue. You click on it....it pops-up for a breif fraction of a second and then dissapears immediately.

    Update + my fix:

    There was some javascript on the MasterPage that was causing the report viewer calendar not to work correctly. See my reply below with exact details.  Doh!

    My ReportViewer now works fine with my master/content pages.

    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 4:55 PM
  • User348640295 posted

    I fixed my calendar issue by programatically removing javascript from the masterpage until I found the conflicting code.

    There was some javascript on the MasterPage I didn't see that was conflicting with the ReportViewer controls pop up calendar

    The script I removed used the suckerfish javascript/css examples to provide cross browser compliant :hover and :focus functionality. It did not play well with the ReportViewer calendar and I don't need it on this page so I just created another masterpage just for reports without this javascript.

    Unfortunately I don't have time to dig into it right now and find the exact cause in the code but I will try and revisit this later if I can and post an update.

    If all the other fixes haven't worked for you make sure you check your MasterPage for some javascript that might be conflicting with that of the ReportViewer

    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 6:07 PM
  • User-56217663 posted

    For me this was resolved by disabling X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff custom header in the web.config. 

    <customHeaders>
       <add name="X-Frame-Options" value="SAMEORIGIN" />
       <!-- 
       <add name="X-Content-Type-Options" value="nosniff" />
       THIS BREAKS SSRS REPORTS, causes clickable controls to immediately reload page
       -->
       <add name="X-XSS-Protection" value="1; mode=block" />
    </customHeaders>

    Wednesday, December 6, 2017 4:23 PM