Run All [unit tests] doesn't display test results in Output -> Tests view RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to get code coverage information on an existing application, with existing unit tests. What are some common reasons that selecting 'Run All' from the Test Explorer fails to find the tests? The tests contain [Test] and [TestFixture] tags..

This is the only test output generated

------ Discover test started ------
    ========== Discover test finished: 0 found (0:00:00.0580058) ==========

Thanks,

wcc225

• Moved by Kristin Xie Monday, November 16, 2015 5:53 AM move to appropriate forum
    Saturday, November 14, 2015 12:16 AM

Answers

• RESOLVED. The original test author who the application was adopted from did not go so far as to add  the NUnit Test Adapter. If you don't already have it, go to Tool --> Extensions and Updates, then search from the Online option for 'NUnit Test Adapter

Thanks

wcc225

• Marked as answer by wcc225 Thursday, November 19, 2015 7:44 PM
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 7:44 PM

All replies

• Saturday, November 14, 2015 5:45 AM
  • Hi wcc225,

>>What are some common reasons that selecting 'Run All' from the Test Explorer fails to find the tests? The tests contain [Test] and [TestFixture] tags.

Which VS version did you use? Since your VS has the Test Explorer windows, it means that it would be the high VS version like VS2012/VS2013/VS2015.

It seems that you create the Nunit test project in your VS, am I right?

I create a simple sample, it would be work well in my VS2013.

But one issue is that we would install the NUnit3 Test Adapter, you could download it here:

https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/0da0f6bd-9bb6-4ae3-87a8-537788622f2d

Since I also couldn't find the test method in the test explorer windows if I install this Nunit test adapter like this screen shot.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 2:32 AM
  • RESOLVED. The original test author who the application was adopted from did not go so far as to add  the NUnit Test Adapter. If you don't already have it, go to Tool --> Extensions and Updates, then search from the Online option for 'NUnit Test Adapter

Thanks

wcc225

• Marked as answer by wcc225 Thursday, November 19, 2015 7:44 PM
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 7:44 PM