azure API RRS feed

• Question

• User297334599 posted

I have an asp.net mvc web app (dashboard backendy thing which includes login/register), with a sql database on azure and an android app which enters items into the database.

How would I go about making an API for the web app as I would like the user to be able to login/register from the android app?

im using visual studio.

Sunday, May 5, 2019 6:06 PM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi snakepr9,

How would I go about making an API for the web app as I would like the user to be able to login/register from the android app?

According to your description, I couldn't understand your requirement clearly.

Could you please tell me what the login/register system you have used now? ASP.NET Identity or something else?

Best Regards,

Brando

Monday, May 6, 2019 6:17 AM
  • User297334599 posted

Thanks for the reply,

asp.net mvc project with asp.net identity

Monday, May 6, 2019 5:23 PM
  • User283571144 posted

Hi snakepr9,

As far as I know, the asp.net mvc identity has the method which could receive request and it will return the whole page as the response to the client.

I suggest you could write the request in the andriod app and post it to the http://yourdomain/account/loigin.

Then you could get the token from the response header, you could use this header as the auth token to access other things.

Best Regards,

Brando

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 7:25 AM