none
How can i get current time zone list on exchange 2007 owa? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone.

I want to get current time zone lists on Exchange 2007 owa via EWS using c#.

Also control about it each mailboxs.

There is way to get the time zone lists and control it very easly via powershell(get-MailboxRegionalConfiguration).

However it only Exchange 2010 powershell command not provide 2007.

And also java EWS api is provided 'GetServerTimeZones' methord  I know of.

Are there any ways to get it via EWS using c# ?

Plz some cookies that how can i solve it.

^**^

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:27 AM

All replies

• You can't get this using EWS on 2007 because the configuration is held in the IPM.Configuration.OWA.UserOptions FAI (Folder Associated Items) Item in the Non_IPM_Subtree and you can't access these type of items in 2007 (you can in 2010). So if you want to modify this per user you would need to use either MAPI (via the OOM, or Redemption) or WebDAV.

Cheers
    Glen

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 7:22 AM
  • Thanks so much about your reply.

I will try to find a way.

Bytheway, can i get current time zone lists(all of time zone) on exchange 2007 via ews or webdav?

^**^

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:45 AM
  • No but the list of available timezones would be static and wouldn't change, you could go through and extract it from the OWA template or script files (you would need to reverse engineer this files with something like fiddler to work out which one to use) Or just go through and document them one by one yourself in OWA.

One way which is a bit of hack is to automate OWA itself to set the regional setting have a look at http://poshcode.org/2554 which demonstrates how to set junkemailsetting on 2007 as part of this it demonstrates setting OWA Language and Timezone settings via this type of automation.

Cheers
    Glen

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:50 AM
  • Thanks ;) You makes me very happly.

I will pray for your health.

Have a good day.

^**^

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 11:34 PM
  • Hello ChangeEx,

Did you manage to figure out how to change the settings?

Currently I'm trying to automate this too. I am stucked at setting the cookie :(

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 7:37 AM