none
error installing Visual Studio Community 19 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to download Visual Studio Community (I believe Version 19 is the latest) when I get this error:

"A product matching the following parameters cannot be found: channelId: VisualStudio.16.Release productId: Microsoft.VisualStudio.Product.Community

I have followed instructions I found from a google search to run the cleaninstall and retry. But it comes up again.
    I have also tried running the install from a command prompt and adding --channelUri https://aka.ms/vs/15/ release /channel
    but the same error occurs.  I have also tried replacing the 15 from the above command with 16, 17, 19.

Friday, May 17, 2019 5:22 PM

All replies

• Hi CattTx,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to the error message, please try to delete the following folders:

C: \ProgramData\Microsoft\VisualStudio \Packages

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\versionname

Run the VS installer as administrator and check it helps or not.

If the issue persists, we need your help to collect the installation logs, please use this collect.exetool and found the vslogs.zip under %temp% folder, upload it to the OneDrive and share the link in here, that will help us analysis this issue.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, May 20, 2019 3:11 AM