none
Valid XML gives this error: "Unsupported incoming message. Only XML messages are supported by this pipeline component." RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have a feed coming in from a customer that has about 1 million transactions per day.  On one day of processing, I might get for example 30 messages with this error on the receive:

"Unsupported incoming message. Only XML messages are supported by this pipeline component"

When I click on "Messages Parts" then "Body" I see valid XML.  I can take the XML, copy/paste it into another tool, and it is well-formed XML. The receive uses a custom pipeline; it's tied to MQ, and does strip off MQ headers info before sending the good XML into BizTalk.  The process works fine except for 30 out of 1 million messages.

Any ideas? 

Thanks,

Neal Walters

http://NealWalters.com

Monday, June 25, 2012 2:21 PM

All replies

• I've been looking for any pattern in the 30 messages.

Could it be an equal sign inside of an attribute value like this?

desc="Ground Time Update: Plan=40 Proj=50 Actual=0 (using prev leg=xxxx)"

or a bracket like this?
    desc="IN at 22JUN 11:25 [22JUN 15:25 GMT]"

Maybe BizTalk check for well-formed doesn't like the = sign, even though other well-formed checkers don't object?

Neal

Monday, June 25, 2012 2:30 PM
  • I think = or bracket should not create any issue are there any of these in xml?   ",&, ', >, <  

is error not specifying the position of error

if you open xml in browser it might help

KiranMP

Monday, June 25, 2012 3:30 PM
  • I think = or bracket should not create any issue are there any of these in xml?   ",&, ', >, <  

NO

is error not specifying the position of error
    NO

if you open xml in browser it might help

Did that as stated in original post.  Also validated find in C# with xmldoc.load

Neal

Monday, June 25, 2012 3:48 PM
  • From the best I can tell, I was calling my own SQL archive C# code, and SQL was having an issue and giving a timeout.

(Out of the 30 errors I mentioned, they seem to be clumped in groups of 4-6, each around some five minute period of time).

What I don't understand, is that if I threw the exception, why I see anything in the Message/BodyPart.
    I think my SQL exception got wrapped and masked by the above reported exception.

Does any "Throw exception" show up as "Unsupported incoming message. Only XML messages are supported by this pipeline component." in BtAdmin Console?

I've added some progressive delay/retry code to the SQL archive component, and will retest tomorrow.

Neal

Monday, June 25, 2012 7:13 PM
  • Neal, Any update?

Thanks, Raja MCTS BizTalk Server 2010, MCC If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

Monday, July 2, 2012 9:12 AM