none
In Distributed Testing Scenario, can tester has control to specify which test to run on which test server RRS feed

• Question

• In Distributed Testing Scenario in HCK, can tester has control to specify which test to run on which test server like in WLK?

If tester is scheduling only 1 test case, then on which test target it'll schedule, the primary test target  or the secondary test target?

Sunday, October 27, 2013 2:43 PM

All replies

• Sorry, I'm not clear on whether you are asking whether you are asking about tests which require multiple roles or just whether a distributed test can be scheduled against a single system/target, can you clarify?

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:50 AM
  • Hi Gerogek,

I mean to ask that if in my project , I'm using distributed testing feature of HCK, so I'll be having 2 test targets. Considering, First one will be primary (in which I actually selected the test device manually) and Secondary test target is the one which is automatically detected by HCK (having same identical test device as in a primary test target).

So, my question is here, if I'm scheduling one test case only, so it'll run on primary test target or secondary test target. Or Can I select the test target manually on which I want to schedule my test?

I hope that you got my query now.

Regards,

Mudit

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:49 AM
  • It can be either one -- distributed testing schedules the test so it can run on either target, depending on which target becomes available to run the test first.  You can however explicitly select the target you want to schedule on in HCK studio at schedule time as well though.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:56 AM