Version : 12.0.30501.00 Update 2

I follow this video to do retargeting:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/dn263114.aspx

1. Make a copy of my Win store 8.0 app
    2. Place it in a folder
    3. Open it with VS2013 express for windows
    4. Retarget it to win store app 8.1

Encountered thi error:

Error : DEP0700 : Registration of the app failed. error 0x80080005: While preparing to process the request, the system failed to register the windows.applyDataExtension extension due to the following error: Server execution failed. (0x80073cf6) 

What I need to do now?

Thanks

Monday, September 8, 2014 5:44 AM

Answers

• These values should get set when you associate the application with the Windows Store.  They both cannot be associated with the same application in the windows store.  If you need to maintain an 8.0 Application then the application and package names would need to be different.

Bret Bentzinger (MSFT) @awehellyeah

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:56 PM

All replies

• Are you doing this on the same machine you had the 8.0 application installed on?  If so, find the application on the start screen and uninstall it.  Also go to C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Packages and find the folder for your package and delete it.  I think the problem is the package ID for your 8.1 app is the same as for your 8.0 app, and that is still installed.

Monday, September 8, 2014 6:44 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, I have both WinRT 8.0 and 8.1 on the same machine.

Say

Package name : 12133

Package family name : Package name _ab3sds

1) I checked both of my WinRT 8.0 and WinRT 8.1 share the same name in respective Package.AppManifest

2) both share Under this folder:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Packages

Question:

If I delete the Package (Package Family name ) in (2), what happens to the Package Family in Package.Appmanifest in my WinRT App for 8.0 and 8.1?

This package family name will recreate when I re-compile it?

Thanks

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 2:16 AM
  • So it looks like that is the issue then.   I don't fully know your situation, the question lies in whether or not  your 8.1 App is a replacement for your 8.0 app.  If so, then you can re-use the app package name, if not you will need separate names.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 3:48 PM
  • Hi

in my Development PC :

1) It is working now. It seems now both WinRT 8.1 and WinRT 8.0 app use the same files (example in LocalState folder)  in C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Packages

2) Both my WinRT 8.1 and WinRT 8.0 app use the same project name.

3) Both have the same Package name and Package family name in their respective Package.AppManifest

I have these Questions:

a) Is it ok to delete the package name in either WinRT 8.0 or WinRT 8.1 Projects manually? Will it re-create a new Package name and Package family name after recompile?

Thanks

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:43 AM
  • These values should get set when you associate the application with the Windows Store.  They both cannot be associated with the same application in the windows store.  If you need to maintain an 8.0 Application then the application and package names would need to be different.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:56 PM