installing SQL Server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• hello everybody,

can any one help me installing SQL server 2008 using vmware. i don't even know how to use vmware, and i have been told that i need to install vmware so that SQL 2008 could be installed. if any body can write me th whole steps of installing and by the way my laptop is running windows 7 ultimate.

i really appreaciate your help........i have an exam in SQL in 2 days and i really need to practice using it

Friday, April 16, 2010 4:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I don't think you'll need vmware. SQL Server 2008 is supported on Windows 7, according to http://blogs.msdn.com/petersad/archive/2009/08/11/sql-server-on-windows-7.aspx. You'll need to apply the latest service pack of SQL Server before using it, otherwise you might expect issues.

Check out this link. There are more free editions of SQL Server 2008, I would suggest SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services. Please read the Instructions section carefully before starting the installation.

Is it a SQL Server exam, or simply SQL? If it's SQL Server, you should download a trial version of SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition instead of Express Edition. But, it won't be easy to learn it in 48 hours...

Anyway, good luck :)

Regards,

Zoli

Friday, April 16, 2010 6:18 PM