none
Microsoft.Net Framework 4 RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to install .NET framework 4.6.2 because on download of the Money Manager disc the message appeared that this program needed said version of Net Framework. It asked if I wanted to download this version and when I clicked on yes the message appeared that a version was in the process of downloading and to wait until it finished.  I looked on my list of programs in Control Panel and there was a different version of 4 (4.0.30319) Client Profile. It appeared that this version had already installed but any attempts to remove it or activate it came to zilch. So I now have an accounts program I can't use because I can't get the correct version of .Net Framework to download nor will the 'current version' activate the Money Manager. Other than going back to Factory settings I am at a loss what to do.  Can anybody help please?

Regards

Twdibwd

• Edited by Twdibwd Friday, July 28, 2017 3:21 PM
    Friday, July 28, 2017 3:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Twdibwd,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Please run Fix it tool to fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed.

Then re-download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 31, 2017 9:57 AM
  • Hi Twdibwd,

What’s your OS version? Please have a look at: How to: Determine Which .NET Framework Versions Are Installed to check the installed .NET Framework on your computer, if you already installed the .NET Framework 4.6.2 or have a higher version like 4.7, you cannot and not need to install the 4.6.2 version any more.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 9:15 AM