none
Face Basics not tracking RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I've recently acquire both the x64 HD Face Basics, and Face Basics APIs.  HD Face Basics runs as expected, producing a Window Frame with a green mesh that replicates the movement of the target face.

Face Basics, however, brings up a Window Frame with an "night-vision" looking image of the surroundings, yet fails to actually target and lock on to a face that is within the camera view.  

When initializing, it writes a bunch of lines to the console, all with a similar format to the line I've copied below:

"'FaceBasics-WPF.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: FaceBasics-WPF.exe): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xaml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xaml.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file."

Each line contains 'FaceBasics-WPF.exe', an then lists a different .dll that was "Loaded".  Each one also, as you can see at the end of the above statement, that it "cannot find or open the PDB file."  I'm running these two scripts right "out-of-the-box", and so I am wondering if this is a known issue with FaceBasics, or if anyone has any insight why these "cannot find" errors are appearing.

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 2:04 PM

All replies

• Those messages are expected since there are no public symbols(.pdb) files for public preview builds. Ensure the database is getting copied to your output directory. If you "Run" the sample from the SDK browser (or run the pre-compiled version from the bin folder) does it work there?

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 5:51 PM