none
Correlating disparate responses from a vendor webapi RRS feed

• Question

• I have an orchestration which receives set of items in an xml document. Let's say the items are A, B, C and so on and so forth. For each of these items I have to create a separate request document and send it to the vendor web api. The vendor webapi sends back response in two different formats : for success there is a format and failure there is different format. No where in the document it can be inferred if the response is for item A or item B. These responses are dropped into a folderlocation. The communication with the vendor webapi is a not implemented as a solicit response port. Just that the orch sends the request, and vendor api drops in response to a folder.

And now I have to generate a csv such that it shows the response for each of the items

A,Succes

B,Error

and so on and so forth.

I can see that this a fit case to apply correlation in my orchestration where there will be non activating receiv location listening to the folder where in the responses from the vendor webapi drop in. But i don't know what will i correlate this on?

• Edited by a.k.4.7 Monday, October 9, 2017 12:16 PM
    Monday, October 9, 2017 12:14 PM

Answers

• If indeed the 'response' in the file folder has no correlation value you can use to match it to the request, this is problem for your management to address with the vendor.

Meaning, they are presumably paying for some software or a service that is possibly non-functional or, you will have to spend a lot of extra time and their money figuring out how to make this work.

• Marked as answer by a.k.4.7 Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:09 AM
    Monday, October 9, 2017 1:37 PM

All replies

• Ask the vendor to provide you with something that you know that the response corresponds to which request.

They should provide something either in the context or the content.

Pi_xel_xar

Blog: My Blog

BizTalkApplicationDeploymentTool: BizTalk Application Deployment Tool/

Monday, October 9, 2017 12:21 PM
    Answerer
  • Unless the Vendor includes the item they are ACKing in their response message, there is no way for you to correlate this.

Thanks Arindam

Monday, October 9, 2017 12:47 PM
  • If indeed the 'response' in the file folder has no correlation value you can use to match it to the request, this is problem for your management to address with the vendor.

Meaning, they are presumably paying for some software or a service that is possibly non-functional or, you will have to spend a lot of extra time and their money figuring out how to make this work.

• Marked as answer by a.k.4.7 Tuesday, October 10, 2017 8:09 AM
    Monday, October 9, 2017 1:37 PM