none
Disable html color underlining

Question

• All of the css colors in Visual Studio have a matching underline color. Visual Studio is marking all of the IDs used in JQuery this way as well. Is there a way to disable this?

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 8:35 PM

Answers

• Hi NVPMOTHA,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, we need to confirm this issue is caused by your code or VS. Please share the code that you have issue in here and I will try it on my side or create a new project to see if this issue persists or not.

Usually, the underline color display when we meet the code warning or error. Please move the mouse on the underline and it will popups a little window to show the detail information, and you can share this message.

BTW, what’s your VS Version and the project type that you used? I will try to reproduce this issue on my side.

If this issue occurs for the newly created project, or it works fine before and just happen recently, please have a try with the following to troubleshot this issue:

1. Go to Control Panel-Programs and Features, right click the VS and choose Change-Repair to repair VS. For VS 2017, you need to re-run the VS 2017 installer and click the icon beside ‘Launch’ and select ‘Repair’.
    2. Go to Tools-Import and Export Settings-Reset all settings-Yes, save my current settings-General to reset the VS settings
    3. Run the command: devenv /safemode to excludes the installed extensions that caused this issue.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support<br/> Please remember to click &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click &quot;Unmark as Answer&quot; if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact <a href="mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com">MSDNFSF@microsoft.com</a>.

Thursday, May 04, 2017 7:05 AM

All replies

• Hi NVPMOTHA,

Refer to your description, we need to confirm this issue is caused by your code or VS. Please share the code that you have issue in here and I will try it on my side or create a new project to see if this issue persists or not.

Usually, the underline color display when we meet the code warning or error. Please move the mouse on the underline and it will popups a little window to show the detail information, and you can share this message.

BTW, what’s your VS Version and the project type that you used? I will try to reproduce this issue on my side.

If this issue occurs for the newly created project, or it works fine before and just happen recently, please have a try with the following to troubleshot this issue:

1. Go to Control Panel-Programs and Features, right click the VS and choose Change-Repair to repair VS. For VS 2017, you need to re-run the VS 2017 installer and click the icon beside ‘Launch’ and select ‘Repair’.
    2. Go to Tools-Import and Export Settings-Reset all settings-Yes, save my current settings-General to reset the VS settings
    3. Run the command: devenv /safemode to excludes the installed extensions that caused this issue.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support<br/> Please remember to click &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click &quot;Unmark as Answer&quot; if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact <a href="mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com">MSDNFSF@microsoft.com</a>.

Thursday, May 04, 2017 7:05 AM
  • Hi NVPMOTHA,

Best regards,

Sara

Thanks. After running Visual Studio in safe mode, I was able to pinpoint the issue. It was an Integrated Color Picker extension.
    Thursday, May 04, 2017 1:57 PM
  • Hi NVPMOTHA,

I'm so glad to hear that your issue is solved and thank you for your sharing, it will help other community members who meet the same or similar issue to troubleshot their issues.

Best regards,

Sara

Friday, May 05, 2017 2:08 AM