Auto launch application when hand-held boots in Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional RRS feed

• Question

• How do you configure an application to auto-load when a hand-held device boots in Windows Mobile?  I've looked at the "Settings" and there are no initialization options that I'm able to find...  Also, I don't see any options for creating an icon (short-cut) on the Windows icon screen - so how is this done? 

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:31 PM

Answers

• How do you configure an application to auto-load when a hand-held device boots in Windows Mobile? 

place a shortcut to the application in the \Windows\StartUp folder. If you want to do it manually using the device's file explorer navigate to the executable of the program of interest and "Copy" it. Then go to \Windows\Startup and "Paste Shortcut".
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    • Marked as answer by sl5454 Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:49 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by sl5454 Wednesday, March 31, 2010 5:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by sl5454 Wednesday, March 31, 2010 5:27 PM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:30 PM

All replies

• How do you configure an application to auto-load when a hand-held device boots in Windows Mobile? 

place a shortcut to the application in the \Windows\StartUp folder. If you want to do it manually using the device's file explorer navigate to the executable of the program of interest and "Copy" it. Then go to \Windows\Startup and "Paste Shortcut".
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    • Marked as answer by sl5454 Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:49 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by sl5454 Wednesday, March 31, 2010 5:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by sl5454 Wednesday, March 31, 2010 5:27 PM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:30 PM
  • That was easy.  Thanks!
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 5:27 PM