Can't get MVC website working under IIS 7.5 - Getting a 200 response from server with content-length = 0 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1851576699 posted

I just published my website to my local computer(basically copied the folder contents from the Visual Studio 2012 default projects folder to the /inetpub/wwwroot folder). I created a new application pool for my website, added the new application pool identity to the list of authorized users on the /inetpub/wwwroot/(my website folder).

And it appears the server is responding but with a 200 - OK response with a content-length set to zero as shown in the "Fiddler" view.

I've tried typing the domain alone and I have tried triggering action methods by supplying controller names and action names. 

I disabled the "Default Document" module in IIS 7.5. Im not sure if this is part of the problem or not. I am assuming the "Default Document" module has no meaning in an MVC application? Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

I am not sure what else needs to be done to make this work. I am assuming my bindings are correct for the website since the server is sending a 200 OK response but no content.

What might I check to find the problem. This is my first attempt to get an MVC application working on IIS 7.5 on my computer.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate with Service Pack 1 and will continue to do so until hell freezes over or Microsoft releases a proper successor to Windows 7.

Thanks for any help in resolving this matter.

#Edit: I found the problem. I had set the application pool I had created to use .NET Framework Version v2.0 instead of the one my application was targeted for which is v4.0. 

Sunday, September 1, 2013 8:38 PM

All replies

• User-1315512054 posted

Hello,

You should not disable the default document. You could read more at how to set default page in IIS.

Regards

Monday, September 2, 2013 1:09 AM
  • User-1851576699 posted

I disabled the "Default Document" module and the website appears to be working. It's an MVC application so...it seems to be acceptable but I haven't done much testing at all. I'll see how it goes.

Monday, September 2, 2013 9:51 AM