Method 'Boolean Equals(System.String, System.StringComparison)' has no supported translation to SQL. RRS feed

• Question

• User-719834540 posted

Hi peeps,

I have a table that is defined as follows:

Id(pk)        int
    CountyName nvarchar(100)

Before I insert a new CountyName into the table, I would like to ensure that its a unique record by using the following code:

public static Func<DataClassesDataContext, string, bool> isPresent =
            CompiledQuery.Compile((DataClassesDataContext db, string newCounty) =>
            db.Counties.Any(p => p.CountyName == newCounty));

the code fails with the following error:

Method 'Boolean Equals(System.String, System.StringComparison)' has no supported translation to SQL.

I have modified the code to:

public static Func<DataClassesDataContext, string, bool> isPresent =
            CompiledQuery.Compile((DataClassesDataContext db, string newCounty) =>
            db.Counties.Where(p => p.CountyName == newCounty).Count() > 0);

The operation fails with the same error.

I have read elsewhere that the problem could be in the database collation, but upon checking the table design in SSMS the table collation for the CountyName  column is defined as <database default>.

I am using the Web Application project type and it compiles without errors. I created a Website project and tested the same code and it works. But for the web application project type it doesn't.

Update

I can insert records to the table from SSMS and view them on a gridview in the website frontent. Deleting those records from the frontend works fine too. But checking whether a record already exists before i insert a new one simply doesn't work.

Maybe I missed something. I highly appreciate any input on how to make this work. Thanks.

Saturday, October 28, 2017 5:49 PM

All replies