How to filter child entitites in dropdown list? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to inactivate some entity records not to show in related entity's combobox. Have you got any idea how to do that?

I tried to make a business rule to make some child records invalid, but the combobox still contains all records... :-/

For example:

I have Company and Employee entities in my modell. There is 1:n relations between Company and Employee, so Company has many Employees, Employee has only one Company.

When the Company_1 no more exists the Employees go to another Company, for example Company_2.

On the Employee page I have a combobox to select the Company attribute. It contains Company_1, and Company_2, too. I would like to make inactive Company_1 and not to show in this Combobox...

So, any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Gabor Varga

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• Gabor,

when you say 'combo box', I am assuming you mean this is a domain based attribute, correct?  In your company entity, you can delete the entity (a soft delete).  I think this may be the only way to not show it in the selection area but this would prohibit you from using it in other areas of your MDM system as well.   I thought that maybe you could use collections for this but I don't think you can set a domain based attribute to a collection. 

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 8:55 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, "combobox" means domain based attribute.

In this situation the deleting is not an acceptable method for me... :-/

Currently I created a Status attribute which contains that the status of the Attribute (Valid/Invalid). I created a Business Rule to generate Name from Company name and Status and now the combobox contains all elements but the items contains the status for example Invalid_Company_1, Valid_Company_2.

This is not too elegant solution... :-/

It would be nice to have a general configuration in SSMDS to set not to show invalid entitities in domain based attribute.

When it would be possible I could create a Business rule based on Status attribute to invalidate the entities not to show in combobox...

Currently I think it would be a nice feauture... Do you have any idea where can I suggest this feauture for Microsoft developers?

Thanks,

Gabor Varga

Friday, June 22, 2012 8:40 AM
  • You can leave your feedback for MSFT here.
    Friday, June 22, 2012 8:20 PM
  • OK. Thanks!

https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/750800/do-not-show-invalid-domain-attributes

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 8:59 AM