none
Queue Trigger not triggering RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a 2.0 function with a queue trigger via Visual Studio however the function is never triggering.

I have double checked the function application settings and storage connection string, etc. looks good and there are messages in the queue.

I am deploying the function using the zip deployment with the azure cli.

The function app shows correctly in the portal but simply never triggers. I also have a timer triggered function in the same app which is triggering fine.

Any suggestions on what I could look at to troubleshoot would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks a lot.

Thursday, October 18, 2018 8:29 AM

All replies

• Kindly open a new GitHub issue and provide the details about your Function. We will investigate.
    Thursday, October 18, 2018 6:18 PM
  • hello,

did you specified the connection to use ?? 

here is an example of a function that has a queue trigger and returns a table row as output:

using System; using Microsoft.Azure.WebJobs; using Microsoft.Azure.WebJobs.Host; using Microsoft.Extensions.Logging; using Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage.Table; namespace FunctionApp1 { public class MyLog : TableEntity { public MyLog(string partitionKey, string rowKey) : base(partitionKey, rowKey) { } public string Message { get; set; } } public static class Function1 { [FunctionName("CommandsQueueToTable")]

// you can specify connection string explicitly for the queue and the output table [return: Table("QueueTable", Connection = "STORAGE_CONNECTION_STRING")] public static MyLog Run([QueueTrigger("myqueue", Connection = "STORAGE_CONNECTION_STRING")]string myQueueItem, ILogger log) { log.LogInformation($"C# Queue trigger function processed: {myQueueItem}"); return new MyLog("myqueue", Guid.NewGuid().ToString()) { Message = myQueueItem }; } } }

you can try it using Azure Storage Explorer, and monitoring the log stream in visual studio.

Good Coding;

Thursday, October 18, 2018 10:26 PM
  • Hi tonyschollum2 - Any updates on this one?
    Monday, October 29, 2018 7:48 PM