none
Microsoft Conversation message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to know which message property tag I should check to determine the message is conversation history message except message class property. Thanks.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 7:20 PM

All replies

• PR_CONVERSATION_TOPIC

PR_NORMALIZED_SUBJECT

PR_CONVERSATION_INDEX

See the Tracking conversations section in MSDN for more information.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 7:48 PM
  • The message has IPM.Note.Microsoft.Conversation message class. The conversation is from MS Lync not tracking conversation. The message is in Conversation History folder.
    Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:09 PM
  • Try using any Extended MAPI viewer such as MFCMAPI or OutlookSpy to find any other difference. I will take a look at them in the office tomorrow.
    Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:14 PM
  • I found a few but not sure which one is the correct one to use.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:20 PM
  • What property tags are you talking about?
    Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:22 PM
  • It seems you changed the message and added a screenshot.

I see the same set of named properties in Outlook. You can use GetProperty method of the PropertyAccessor class (see the corresponding property of the MailItem class) and pass the DASL property name.  

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:53 AM
  • If I retrieve ConversationXml property and it exists, can I determine this message is conversation history message? 
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:03 PM
  • The best indicator is message class (see the corresponding property of the Outlook items). That's how Outlook recognizes what a particular message is. If you feel uncomfortable only with the message class value, you can use any additional properties like shown on the screenshot. But nobody can guarantee that they will be set up for conversation history items only.
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:09 PM
  • In my case, I could not use the message class since it has been changed.
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:24 PM
  • Try to check the MessageClass property value in theNewMailEx event handler. Does it return a unique value, not changed?
    Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:00 PM