none
Certification Results: Multiple .cat files. Only wanted 2 RRS feed

• Question

• When I've submitted in the past, the submission process gave me back a .cab file with a .cat file for the 32 bit Operating Systems, and another for the 64bit. This time, I got a separate .cat file for Win8.1-32, Win8.1-64, Win8-32, Win8-64, Win7-32, and Win7-64.How can I combine them?

Thursday, June 19, 2014 2:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Johnson,

Have you submitted the logs for above mentioned OS separately or as a combined merged pacakge?

Thanks,

Mudit

Thursday, June 19, 2014 5:07 AM
  • You not only need to use a combined merged package .but also need to selected all the relavent  drivers when choosing drivers .

eg:   path A --> win832 win8.1-32 win7-32   --> generate one cat file 

path A ---> win832

path A ----》win8.1-32 

path A ----> win7-32   ---> generate 3 cat files 

Best Regards, Mike

Friday, July 4, 2014 10:50 AM
  • Are you referring to a step in the HCK merge process when I create the .hclx file, or in the submission process itself when I create an HCK submission from the dashboard?

We have a total of 2 driver packages; One driver package for the 32bit Operating Systems (Win8.1, Win8, Win7), and another driver package for the 64bit Operating Systems (Win8.1, Win8, Win7).  That's why I'm expecting a single .cat file for the 32bit OSs and another .cat file for the 64bit OSs.

When I created the merged package, I merged all the results into a single .hclx file that included all 32 and 64 tests.  Should I create a 32 bit merge package that includes the results from Win8.1 32bit, Win8 32bit, and Win7 32bit?  Then create a second merge package that includes the results from Win8.1 64bit, Win8 64bit, and Win7 64bit?

Saturday, July 5, 2014 12:36 AM
  • You don't need to separate .hck files for 32bit and 64bit OSs. You can merge all of test results together then merge your driver packages for 32bit and 64bit.

If you did not change the way you submitted before, try to ask sysdev to provide merged cat file you expected.

YoYamada

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 2:58 AM
  • Hi Johnson,

After adding the driver package to the merge package, you have to select explicitly select the OS for which it's applicable, which version they are i.e x86 or x64. And also please make sure that while adding driver package, package must contain one type of drivers only, either checked or retail version and also attached the symbols of your driver, if it s supports.

Thanks,

Mudit

• Proposed as answer by Mudit Garg Tuesday, July 8, 2014 4:04 AM
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 4:04 AM