none
Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.SqlConnectionInfo.set_IsActiveDirectoryUniversalAuth(Boolean)'. (ConnectionDlg)

General discussion

• I am not able to connect to the server using SQL server 2016 client. Below is the error information:

Cannot connect to XXXXX\XXXX

===================================

Method not found: 'Void Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.SqlConnectionInfo.set_IsActiveDirectoryUniversalAuth(Boolean)'. (ConnectionDlg)

------------------------------

Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.ConnectionDlg.SqlServerType.Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.ConnectionDlg.IServerType.GetConnectionObject(UIConnectionInfo ci)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.SqlStudio.Explorer.ObjectExplorerService.ValidateConnection(UIConnectionInfo ci, IServerType server)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.ConnectionDlg.Connector.ConnectionThreadUser()

• Edited by Aman_IIS Thursday, February 2, 2017 6:37 PM
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 6:37 PM

All replies

• Solution was to apply a patch of SQL server 2016 version 13.0.16106.4 and this will resolve this issue. Any patch after this version would also help.

• Edited by Aman_IIS Thursday, February 2, 2017 6:39 PM
    Thursday, February 2, 2017 6:39 PM
  • Hi Aman,

I've only installed SSMS on a new PC and I'm getting this error.

Can you point me to where I can download the patch you are referring to?

Thanks.

Kobus

Monday, February 13, 2017 2:19 PM
  • @Aman_IIS, can you help us and tell us which patch you are talking about? I just downloaded a fresh version of SSMS 2016, and I have the same error.
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 8:05 PM
  • I have found a solution, it's not pretty but at least I can work!

http://dba.stackexchange.com/a/168566/67941

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 8:20 PM