none
Getting Busy Message When Pasting

Question

• Everytime I paste something into the HTML/Design view of aspx page (not code behind) VS freezes and I get the "Microsoft Visual Studio is Busy" message. I've researched this many times and have tried many different things, but none of them seem to work.

I've just updated my VS2015 with Update 1. I also tried to install a hotfix to fix the pasting issue, but I guess this was already included in the update. I am still having issues.

Is there something else that might be causing this issue?

Thursday, January 07, 2016 5:01 PM

Answers

• Hi amberino14,

Thanks for your post.

How about testing it using a new created .aspx page? Will the same error occurred?

I did a test in my side using VS2015 Enterprise update1. And it works well.

Please check how much RAM do you have?  Some members encountered the same error and solved by  adding RAM.

So first check your RAM and restart your computer and reopen your VS then try it again.

Also you cold try to run the following commands then try it again :

Devenv.exe /ResetAddin: Removes commands and command UI associated with the specified Add-in.

Devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs: Clears all SkipLoading tags added to VSPackages.

In addition. I suggest you’d better close the firewall and the anti-virus software or other third party processes then try it again.

If above suggestions still have no help. And the error occurred even for a new created .aspx page. May be you need to repair your Visual Studio.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao
    • Proposed as answer by lake XiaoModerator Monday, January 11, 2016 7:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by amberino14 Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:22 PM
    Friday, January 08, 2016 6:21 AM
  • Hi amberino14,

Thanks for your update.

>>Could it be because the solution is saved to a network share instead of my documents?

You may try to test it using a solution without saving to a network.

If the error doesn't appear. It may be related to it.

Since the error occurred even for a new create .aspx page. I think there might be something wrong with your Visual Studio.

I think the best solution is to uninstall your Visual Studio and reinstall it.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Proposed as answer by lake XiaoModerator Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:19 AM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2016 1:23 AM

All replies

• Hi amberino14,

Thanks for your post.

How about testing it using a new created .aspx page? Will the same error occurred?

I did a test in my side using VS2015 Enterprise update1. And it works well.

Please check how much RAM do you have?  Some members encountered the same error and solved by  adding RAM.

So first check your RAM and restart your computer and reopen your VS then try it again.

Also you cold try to run the following commands then try it again :

Devenv.exe /ResetAddin: Removes commands and command UI associated with the specified Add-in.

Devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs: Clears all SkipLoading tags added to VSPackages.

In addition. I suggest you’d better close the firewall and the anti-virus software or other third party processes then try it again.

If above suggestions still have no help. And the error occurred even for a new created .aspx page. May be you need to repair your Visual Studio.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao
    • Proposed as answer by lake XiaoModerator Monday, January 11, 2016 7:43 AM
    Friday, January 08, 2016 6:21 AM
  • Xiao,

Thanks for your reply. I will give your suggestions a try and see what happens. Thanks again.

Monday, January 11, 2016 2:07 PM
  • I have tried all things you listed, except for the reset addin because i did not see that i had any. I'm still getting hangups, now, on saving a file or switching to design view. I checked my RAM and I have 16GB. I would think this is enough to run VS. Could it be because the solution is saved to a network share instead of my documents?
    Monday, January 11, 2016 7:45 PM
  • Hi amberino14,

Thanks for your update.

>>Could it be because the solution is saved to a network share instead of my documents?

You may try to test it using a solution without saving to a network.

If the error doesn't appear. It may be related to it.

Since the error occurred even for a new create .aspx page. I think there might be something wrong with your Visual Studio.

I think the best solution is to uninstall your Visual Studio and reinstall it.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

• Proposed as answer by lake XiaoModerator Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:19 AM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2016 1:23 AM
  • I did a full shut down and restart of my pc (instead of a restart) after I repaired my Visual Studio. It seems to have fixed most issues now. I will try the full uninstall and reinstall if I come across any other issues.

Thanks for your help!

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 7:02 PM
  • Hi amberino14,

>>after I repaired my Visual Studio. It seems to have fixed most issues now.

Glad to hear you have solved you issue now.

If possible, please mark the reply as the answer which is helpful, so it would be helpful for other members who get the same issue as yours to research and find the answer directly, and I could close this case.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:18 AM