none
Stuck at waiting for release/publishing (how long is this supposed to take?)

Question

• In the dashboard, when i click view all apps - apps that passed all the tests and are at the final stage show status : "waiting for release" . When i click on them and view status - it's at the final stage - "Publishing" , the following message is also displayed : "Your app is being published and will be in the Store shortly.".

The thing is , the testing only took a few hours, but i am at this stage for 7 hours (the first app i submitted). Is this a bug or is it supposed to take this long? What can i do? 

When i submitted the apps i selected : "Publish as soon as it passed certification", not manual or date.

Is the status "Waiting for Release" Normal? After i click view status it shows "Publishing" , but it has been approx 7 hours on that status...

UPDATE: It published approx. 12-14 hours after submission, if anyone knows how can i do an update rollback please post below as i did not find any info and my update is "publishing".

Saturday, August 8, 2015 11:21 AM

All replies

• Agreed, my app has been that way since August 1st, 2015.  It is now August 8th, 2015. 

Package/Identity/Name: 28431PaulF.Sirpenski.PrepMonQuake

Package/Identity/Publisher: CN=C3931E4F-A207-4833-A608-0AB47B0BDA8F

Package SID: S-1-15-2-1219345821-442602837-3318281969-3313960477-4293014530-1461916020-1054798491

Also, It is funny to note that all other downloads of the current app in the store have ceased since submittal. 

I even have a technical support issue filed.  SRX1294460820ID.

Although the support person is very polite, it is clear he/she is giving me the run around because ultimately, she will not allow or can not obtain (most probable) direct contact such that I can speak directly with the technical support engineers.

In my opinion, this is classic microsoft layer, layer, layer, and then nothing approach. Same old, same old behavior.   Meet the new boss.  Same as the old boss.

Saturday, August 8, 2015 4:39 PM
  • In the dashboard, when i click view all apps - apps that passed all the tests and are at the final stage show status : "waiting for release" . When i click on them and view status - it's at the final stage - "Publishing" , the following message is also displayed : "Your app is being published and will be in the Store shortly.".

The thing is , the testing only took a few hours, but i am at this stage for 7 hours (the first app i submitted). Is this a bug or is it supposed to take this long? What can i do? 

When i submitted the apps i selected : "Publish as soon as it passed certification", not manual or date.

Is the status "Waiting for Release" Normal? After i click view status it shows "Publishing" , but it has been approx 7 hours on that status...

Did the status change for you?

I have uploaded a faulty update, which I realize just after it came available to my users. The process is still stuck at 'publishing', and now I can't retract it or upload a fix. MICROSOFT, FIX THIS NOW. I have 15k users that are going to be mad at the end of the day...

Sunday, August 9, 2015 6:17 AM
  • Yes , it did publish, approx 12-14 hours after submission.

I also have updates i would like to retract that is stuck at publishing. After i publish it, how can i cancel that submission and go back to submission 1? Is that even possible?

Thanks, hope things will get faster in the store.

Sunday, August 9, 2015 11:34 AM
  • The old version of window app store was taking less than 1 hour when i released any beta copy of app. This new UI taking so many hours. don't know what the new experiments they are doing.
    Friday, September 18, 2015 9:42 AM
  • the new dev portal sucks! My app is still stuck at publishing step.
    Saturday, September 19, 2015 1:54 AM
  • yeah, a confusing stage
    Saturday, September 19, 2015 5:06 AM