none
How to create Package manifest dynamically?

Question

• Hello,

I have a single app that is used by two different client, each of them have their own branding, so right now every time when I create package for this client I have to go in package manifest and than need to do changes for icons and package name every time. 

Is there any way so that I can just set client name some where and than instruct package manifest to look at resources depending on the client name?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, August 17, 2015 6:21 AM

Answers

• you need to change the xmlbefore creating the package. So there won't be special xml for the store

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

• Marked as answer by zee_patel Monday, August 17, 2015 7:48 AM
    Monday, August 17, 2015 7:26 AM

All replies

• Out of the box, no. But the manifest file is just an xml file. maybe can build something yourself that fixes this

Monday, August 17, 2015 6:27 AM
  • Thanks Dave for the reply,

Could you please help on how can I customizing xml file to achieve desired result , I don't have that much expertize with XML files.

Monday, August 17, 2015 6:47 AM
  • read this:

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/169598/Parse-XML-Documents-by-XMLDocument-and-XDocument good overview how to edit and read xml files with c#.

I don't have good awnser when you have to change the manifest file. It depends bit on your scenario.

Monday, August 17, 2015 7:08 AM
  • Hi Dave, Thanks for the link, that I can do internally to read/write xml files, but how Store will read this customized xml file?
    Monday, August 17, 2015 7:22 AM
  • you need to change the xmlbefore creating the package. So there won't be special xml for the store

• Marked as answer by zee_patel Monday, August 17, 2015 7:48 AM
    Monday, August 17, 2015 7:26 AM