Getting error while running or debgging project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    I am new to the Microsoft Robotics Studio.  I have created a project named as test in Programming language. USing simple diagram network.

If i start running or debugging a file, i get an error message saying:
    "The attempt to access the directory service of the DSS runtime was failed"

I unable to know the reason. i tried to comment security settings also.

And even from outside i cant access http://localhost:50000/

Can you help me to resolve this?
    Thanks,
    Prasad Dixit
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 2:27 PM

Answers

• Check the port numbers that VPL is using. They are in the properties for the diagram.

If you are on Vista, then you might need to enable VPL in the Firewall. Vista should ask you about blocking the program the first time you run a VPL program, but if you answer "no" then I am not sure what happens after that. Note that VPL runs its own version of DssHost called VplHost.

Also it would help if you can post the exact error message.

Trevor
    Monday, February 23, 2009 3:39 AM

All replies

• Any inputs?
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 8:31 AM
  • You should open a DSS Command Prompt window and then try starting a DSS node:

DssHost /p:50000 /t:50001 

If this works with no problem, then there is some other issue. However, I suspect this will fail.

You might need to pick different port numbers, or change the security. You could try using 40000 and 40001.

Please report any error messages when you try this and we can go from there.

Trevor
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 5:59 PM
  • Hi,
    I tried above option, this runs well. I think the problem is something else.
    Can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue?
    Thanks in advance.
    Prasad Dixit
    Saturday, February 14, 2009 11:36 AM
  • Check the port numbers that VPL is using. They are in the properties for the diagram.

If you are on Vista, then you might need to enable VPL in the Firewall. Vista should ask you about blocking the program the first time you run a VPL program, but if you answer "no" then I am not sure what happens after that. Note that VPL runs its own version of DssHost called VplHost.

Also it would help if you can post the exact error message.

Trevor
    Monday, February 23, 2009 3:39 AM