none
About WHCK BitLocker Tpm and Recovery password tests with PCR[7] RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Sir,

When I run the WHCK BitLocker Tpm and Recovery password tests with PCR[7] with my platform, the item got the Test Status is passed, however to expand the test results and then found a "Remove UseAdvancedStartup setting" error.  Right-click the ""Remove UseAdvancedStartup setting" and select "Error", then the system post the Error Message "Cause: The Execute Task with Commandline reg delete HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\FVE /v UseAdvancedStartup /f Failed with ExitCode 1", please refer to attach screen shot.

My question are:

1. Although there is a sub-item which got error, the outcome (Test Status) is passed, do we have to fix this error?? 

2. How to fix this error ?? (Is there any document to guide us to fix this error???)PCR7

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:34 AM

All replies

• The task to remove UseAdvancedStartup registry setting is failing because the key is not present. You can ignore this error. These tasks are in the cleanup phase and the success/failure do not count. The deletion task fails when it tries to delete keys which were not present. It doesn’t have any impact on the tests or the state of the system.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:23 PM