none
SuperPreview

Question

•  When I want to sign up for SuperPreview, it tells me to check my firewall settings. What exactly should the firewall setting be set at in order to proceed or is there something preventing me from signing up? Thanks for any help!

Saturday, March 08, 2014 2:43 AM

All replies

• I used it in 2011 with great results.  I tried to use it recently and the MS SuperPreview site is shut down.  Also, SuperPreview does not support the latest browser versions.  I am not really experience in using it so others may comment on it.
    Saturday, March 08, 2014 4:00 PM
  • As mogulman said SuperPreview remote was shutdown last year by MS. The closest available now is at http://www.modern.ie

You can still use Super Preview with locally installed browsers. If you are going to do that go to Site > Site Settings and under Preview check to use the testing server for all pages.

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com

Saturday, March 08, 2014 11:59 PM
  • You can still use Super Preview with locally installed browsers. If you are going to do that go to Site > Site Settings and under Preview check to use the testing server for all pages.

Umm... actually, that's not so. SuperPreview, at least on my machine, shows that only IE and Firefox are available, although I also have Chrome, Safari, and Opera installed locally. AFAIK, SP never supported locally anything other than IE and FF, and without the cloud service, and no dynamic display, it's a boat anchor without a boat. Worthless. And, well, just curious, but what point is served by setting Preview to use the testing server for all pages? SuperPreview does not launch the testing server, no matter what that setting is set at, nor does it use it in its processing.

<edit>
    Wow, turns out I was wrong. I happened to try to change my baseline browser to FF 15, and it said it was unsupported(?!), then took me to this Web page, which states that SP supports only local IE 6 through 9, and FF 3.0 through 3,.6, which means that it is even more incredibly useless than I thought.
    </edit>

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

• Edited by paladyn Sunday, March 09, 2014 12:42 AM
    Sunday, March 09, 2014 12:34 AM