none
Trying to get phpBB working in a ASP.net Visual Studio 2015 project..any help?

Question

• So,i've been working on a site for friends,and i want to add the phpBB Forums to it,but i've been testing trying to get it to work,and i've only gotten it to show me the files and folders within the directory i stored the files in(WebSite2/Forums),is there a way i can get it further than this?I went on Stack Overflow and got some code i pasted into the site's web.config file to get Directory Browsing to work...what i want to happen is,say someone registers on my site on the home page that's written in ASP.NET,i want that account to be noticed by the phpBB system after i figure my file name and folder issue out,of course to get phpBB installed during testing,and on the Forums section of my site i want it to load the rank of the account.I'd of course,be the Site Admin,but this is something i can't find any information for online really.Anyone have any clue how to enable this?The phpBB forums are the only thing missing before i deploy the site to a host for my friends and i to use.I do have IIS Manager installed on my system,but that isn't really working.Can someone post (Visual Basic)code i can paste into the web.config file for it to read and run the php files?That would be much appreciated!Thank you in advance Visual Studio Code Wizards.
    Friday, November 18, 2016 1:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Ironcraft456,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is more relates to the development of the phpBB and ASP.NET. Since our forum is to discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, I recommend you redirect to the appropriate forum: https://forums.asp.net/ and start a new thread for your issue, you will get a more professional support from there, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 21, 2016 7:52 AM