none
Problems with office.js RRS feed

• Question

• I've been developing an app for Office using Napa, and while the development process has been pretty convenient so far the actual publishing has been a nightmare. First Napa does not actually export a valid manifest file (several missing or incorrect values) which is confusing but easy to fix after digging through the documentation. Then Napa didn't maintain the directory structure, throwing all files together in one folder.

Now there seems to be an error in the javascript Microsoft is hosting. Keeps throwing this exception: 

Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function o15apptofilemappingtable.js:11
    OSF.InitializationHelper.getAppContext o15apptofilemappingtable.js:11
    l office.js:11
    o office.js:11

The app works fine in Napa, which makes me think something needs to be included that isn't. Yet I can find no information on publishing apps developed on Napa that might help me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

App code is up on github here:

https://github.com/exversion/exversionforexcel/

Can be tested from here:

https://exversion.github.io/exversionforexcel/App/Home/Home.html

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:12 AM

All replies

• Hi mbellotti,

Sorry to hear you're having troubles.  I'm a Program Manager on the team that built Napa, and we want to make sure we can address the issue you are facing.

I just went through the scenario you describe myself -- creating a task pane app for Excel, using the "publish" feature in Napa, entering in the URL of where I will eventually host the site, and then following the link to retrieve the zip and manifest.  However, I'm unable to see the same issue as you describe:  my manifest contains no missing/broken values, and the zip is fully hierarchical (with 4 folders, "App", "Content", "Images", and "Scripts"), and appropriate contents within. If I then use WebMatrix to deploy the files using FTP, everything just works.

A few questions:

1) If you create a brand new project, do things work as expected there?  E.g., could this be something that got strangely messed up about a particular project, or is this something more systemic?

2) In either case, would you mind sharing the projects with us?  You can use the "Share" button on the side of the editor, which will create a link to a read-only copy of the project which we can then investigate.  You can post the link here if you don't mind making the link public -- or you can email it to me directly at michael.zlatkovsky@microsoft.com.  I can then have my team investigate.

Thanks!

- Michael

Michael Zlatkovsky | Program Manager, Visual Studio Tools for Office & Apps for Office

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 7:49 PM