Use of file systems and temporary file management in azure app and blob environment RRS feed

• Question

• I was tasked with the subject and I have no knowledge of the Azure setup etc.  I don't even have access to our portal.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  I am to do research on this (a problem we currently have is uploading).  

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mark

p.s. I wasn't sure which forum to use.  

*** Please allow me to mark threads as answered and I will, Thank you ***

Thursday, January 2, 2020 7:31 PM

Answers

• As I understand you are facing an issue in uploading data to blob environment am I correct?

If so you can use Azure Storage Explorer or Azcopy to upload the data to Blob 

You may use AzCopy, it’s a command-line utility designed for copying data to and from Microsoft Azure Blob, File, and Table storage using simple commands with optimal performance. You can copy data from one object to another within your storage account, or between storage accounts. Reference:https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/storage-use-azcopy/

Additional information: Choose an Azure solution for data transfer

Can you explain what access you don't have in portal?

Hope this helps!

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

Friday, January 3, 2020 8:16 AM

All replies

• As I understand you are facing an issue in uploading data to blob environment am I correct?

If so you can use Azure Storage Explorer or Azcopy to upload the data to Blob 

You may use AzCopy, it’s a command-line utility designed for copying data to and from Microsoft Azure Blob, File, and Table storage using simple commands with optimal performance. You can copy data from one object to another within your storage account, or between storage accounts. Reference:https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/storage-use-azcopy/

Additional information: Choose an Azure solution for data transfer

Can you explain what access you don't have in portal?

Hope this helps!

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

Friday, January 3, 2020 8:16 AM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 7:54 AM
  • I was able to get access from our IT guy.  I am in and working.  Thanks for the links.  Just learning so I have a long way to go.  Main use is we have an app in Azure that has some upload and download controls and we are looking at Azure to assist in that.

*** Please allow me to mark threads as answered and I will, Thank you ***

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 2:29 PM