Integrate Office 365 Login into system RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Recently my company is using office 365 as a based for our IT solution. We are using share point as well.
    Now we have a plan to integrate office 365 login into our system.
    In short, we want to validate users through office 365 instead of standalone local users for different systems/ domain users.
    We want to standardize the logins for all the system, to have a single sign on to all systems, share point, outlook email and other microsoft products.

I mean using Office 365 credential for authentication.

May i know is there a way to support my requirements? probably an api or web service to validate users account?
    Most our system in in .net, c#, asp.net, win form, VSTO

I did some research as well, and found a article "Announcing Office 365 API Tools for Visual Studio"

blogs.msdn.com/.../announcing-office-365-api-tools-for-visual-studio-preview.aspx

In the article, it mention about Authentication Library.

Is it possible to use this API to achieve my requirements?
    I need to know the minimum system requirement to implement it as well.

Monday, September 29, 2014 8:09 AM

Answers

All replies

• Can anyone answer my question?
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 1:26 AM
  • Hi Lawrencewong,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

I don't recommend you use the Office 365 APSs in your solution because that the features and APIs documented in this article are in preview and are subject to change.

Here is the description about Office 365 APIs.

Office 365 APIs Preview extend the development platform introduced in Office 2013. Most significantly, the new APIs provide the ability for both websites and native applications to consume Office 365 data. These APIs use REST/OData for data transport and OAuth for authentications and authorization.

You can get more detail about it from link below:
    Office 365 APIs Preview

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, October 3, 2014 1:57 AM
  • Hi,

>> I mean using Office 365 credential for authentication.

By default, the authentication of Office 365 is Azure Active Directory.

So I assume you want to integrate your application with Azure Active Directory. If so, I think you could achieve this goal by using Azure Active Directory Authentication Libraries.

Adding Sign-On to Your Web Application Using Azure AD

For more questions about Azure AD, I recommend you posting them on Azure Active Directory Forum for more efficient response.

Regards,

Jeffrey

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:49 AM