Issue in building java binding library project using Android-pdfView jar file RRS feed

• Question

• User113149 posted

I have created new project of java binding library to use below pdfview jar file ‘android-pdfview-1.0.2.jar’ from link below. http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Ca%3a%22android-pdfview%22

I am having trouble to resolve the build issue in that project. Can you please help me to resolve issue?

'Org.Vudroid.Core.Events.BringUpZoomControlsEvent' does not implement inherited abstract member 'Org.Vudroid.Core.Events.SafeEvent.DispatchSafely(Java.Lang.Object)' ...\AndroidBinding\obj\Debug\generated\src\Org.Vudroid.Core.Events.BringUpZoomControlsEvent.cs

Thursday, April 9, 2015 1:53 PM

All replies

• User65168 posted

I just added the .jar file into /Jars folder, compiled and no error so far.

am I missing a step to properly binging this .Jar file?

Edit: Nevermind! I finally got the errors. Same errors.

Any workaround or fix? I got same errors as you

Thursday, April 16, 2015 7:36 PM
  • User113149 posted

I could not resolve this issue..may be java binding library project did not create proper references.. I left it for now... will try later. For now, I have created intent (action.view) to display pdf file.

Friday, April 17, 2015 8:21 AM
  • User65168 posted

when you created the intent (action.view) does the device needs to have something installed in order to preview the PDF?

What I want to do is render the PDF within the app and currently I'm using a webview with google docs iframe to render which renders just fine, the issue that some users report is that when scrolling the app crashes in some scenarios, that I'm trying to reproduce, but no luck.

So, I was trying to use an alternative method to render the PDF within the app.

thanks

Friday, April 17, 2015 1:34 PM
  • User113149 posted

Yes, device needs to have app to view pdf file. you can use intent as below. Provide documentsPath (where you have stored the file) and filename (such as filetoView.pdf)

Java.IO.File file = new File(System.IO.Path.Combine(documentsPath, fileName)); Intent intent = new Intent(); intent.SetAction(Intent.ActionView); Uri uri = Uri.FromFile(file); intent.SetDataAndType(uri, "application/pdf"); intent.SetFlags(ActivityFlags.ClearTop); try {

Xamarin.Forms.Forms.Context.StartActivity(intent);
            }
            catch (ActivityNotFoundException ex)
            {
                ex.PrintStackTrace();
            }

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 12:25 PM