Expression Blend Preview for Silverlight 5

Question

• I download the Expression Blend Preview for Silverlight 5, and I cannot open the Metro Projects.. what version of Blend should I download and where it is?

regards
    Paulo Aboim Pinto
    Odivelas - Portugal

Sunday, September 25, 2011 2:11 AM

Answers

• The Expression Blend Preview for Silverlight 5 only works with Silverlight projects.  Discussion on that project should go in the Expression Blend forum at http://social.expression.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/blend/thread/ba888d6f-e118-491e-b477-f9af19bc68d2 .

Expression Blend for the Windows Developer Preview is available only with the Windows Developer Preview with developer tools.  The Developer Preview version supports editing only Metro style apps with HTML.  To edit Metro style apps with XAML use the Visual Studio 11 XAML editor.  The XAML features that Visual Studio doesn't support can be generated in Expression Blend 4 and then copied into the Visual Studio 11 XAML file.  It is best discussed in the Tools for Metro style apps forum.  I'll move this post for you.

--Rob

• Proposed as answer by navits - MSFT Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bob_Bao Sunday, October 2, 2011 6:38 PM
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 3:40 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Expression blend developer preview.
    Not sure if this is released already.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 2:33 AM
  • The Expression Blend Preview for Silverlight 5 only works with Silverlight projects.  Discussion on that project should go in the Expression Blend forum at http://social.expression.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/blend/thread/ba888d6f-e118-491e-b477-f9af19bc68d2 .

Expression Blend for the Windows Developer Preview is available only with the Windows Developer Preview with developer tools.  The Developer Preview version supports editing only Metro style apps with HTML.  To edit Metro style apps with XAML use the Visual Studio 11 XAML editor.  The XAML features that Visual Studio doesn't support can be generated in Expression Blend 4 and then copied into the Visual Studio 11 XAML file.  It is best discussed in the Tools for Metro style apps forum.  I'll move this post for you.

--Rob

• Proposed as answer by navits - MSFT Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bob_Bao Sunday, October 2, 2011 6:38 PM
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 3:40 AM
    Owner