Hard Token support for cloud-based Azure MFA? RRS feed

• Question

• Are there any plans to incorporate 3rd party hard tokens into the cloud version of Azure MFA?
    Tuesday, July 21, 2015 8:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post!

When you say Hard Token, does that mean an RSA Hard Token? If so, they're not supported. Because RSA tokens are not OATH-compliant. They use a proprietary algorithm. Tokens that have been tested and are being used by existing customers include Deepnet Security SafeID (time-based) tokens and Gemalto IDProve 100 tokens. Gemalto token secret keys can be imported into the MFA Server if you ask them for the older VeriSign format file. Other tokens can be imported via .csv file if the secret keys are in Base32 format.

Best Regards

Sadiqh Ahmed

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 5:40 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Sadiqh.

I'm referring to the cloud based Azure MFA solution (not the on-prem, which I am aware will support 3rd party OATH-compliant tokens).

I'm just wondering if the cloud offering has any plans to support oath-compliant hard tokens in the future.  Let's say we have an SaaS application integrated with an instance of Azure AD which we want MFA enforced.  The problem is, the users accessing the SaaS application are required to interact with other users over a land phone, and they do not have mobile or smart phones.  Thus, the methods involving a phone may not work.

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 1:46 PM
  • It’s on the roadmap. No timeline to share at this point.

Best Regards

Sadiqh Ahmed

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If a post answers your question, please click Mark As Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Sunday, July 26, 2015 5:24 AM
  • Hi Sadiqh,

IS CLoud based Azure mFA support hardware toeksn like RSA?

Not onprem mfa server.

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 9:33 AM
  • @Cloud Safeer, This is still in development. Suggest you to Up Vote for this feature on the feedback item.
    Thursday, July 12, 2018 12:45 PM