Windows Phone 8 MDM: Discovery Service Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have developed Discovery Service for MDM server. When I use company app on Windows Phone to connect it, it return 200 OK and html string (description of /Discovey.svc), so Windows Phone does not POST data to Server. How do I do to Discovery server return content-length = 0 when WP send HTTP GET method?

Another, MDM server and WP device use SSL to transfer data, so where do I get cert for server. I used cert from Symantec but It is not Ok.

Long Tom

• Edited by Long Tom Thursday, October 31, 2013 4:36 AM
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 4:33 AM

All replies

• The discovery server should be using a server SSL certificate from one of the Root certificates listed in Windows and Windows Phone 8 SSL Root Certificates.

The SSL server certificate Subject must also match the fully qualified domain name of the discovery service, wild-card certificates are not supported.

-Eric.

Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:53 PM
  • Thanks,

I have another problem. When I GET EnrollmentServer/Discovery.svc it will return 307 - temporary redirect. In Web browser, new request redirect to EnrollmentServer/Discovery.svc/ will be send. But with Company App, this is not auto. How do i do to resolve this problem?

Long Tom

Friday, November 1, 2013 2:07 AM
  • HTTP redirection of the Discovery service is not really supported...

If you respond with redirect for just the POST verb it should work but the client will prompt the user to allow the redirection.  (There is no way around this prompt when using HTTP redirect.)

The discovery service can respond with an EnrollmentPolicyServiceURL and EnrollmentServiceUrl in a different domain.  This avoids the user prompt and is the recommended method of redirecting when the domain of the Discovery service does not match the domain of the Enrollment service. 

-Eric.

Friday, November 1, 2013 3:57 PM
  • I edited code in Application_BeginRequest (global.asax.cs) to return HTTP 200. But Company app wasn't sent POST after Get response. Can you help me to implement Discovery Service?

This is image when I use Wireshark to monitor request between Company App and Server.

Long Tom

Monday, November 4, 2013 7:38 AM