Login Failed for User RRS feed

• Question

• has anyone found solution to this yet?

events log is getting spammed every 2 secs:s

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 3:55 PM

Answers

• Hi herewego,

If you get the Error 18456's state number and start troubleshooting  from this link.

If this is not help, please post more message for us to detect the issue.

Best Regards,
    Iric
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by herewego1 Thursday, January 5, 2012 4:28 PM
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 1:05 PM

All replies

• Can you post complete error message which you see?
    Balmukund Lakhani | Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Blog | Team Blog | @Twitter
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 4:02 PM
  • You have something which is repeatedly trying to login to your SQL Server. Either you find that something and stop it trying to login, or turn off the logging of failed logins. I don't recommend turning of logging of failed logins, which leaves finding what or who is trying to repeatedly trying to login. We can't help with that since you didn't provide any details, for us. Check eventlog as well as SQL Server errorlog file for as much details as possible in order to hunt down what or who is trying to login.
    Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP | web | blog
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:16 PM
  • As Balmukund and Tibor mentioned we need the full error details to help you on this.It will be mostly the 18456 error and there is sufficient help available to trouble shoot this issue using the Severity and State ID.

Thank you,

Anup | Database Consultant

Blog: https://smartsqlserver.wordpress.com Twitter: Follow me !

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 5:45 PM
  • i think you agent service has been started with other username, try to add the same user name to the  SQL Server--> security--> logins, 
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 8:59 AM
  • Hi herewego,

If you get the Error 18456's state number and start troubleshooting  from this link.

If this is not help, please post more message for us to detect the issue.

Best Regards,
    Iric
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by herewego1 Thursday, January 5, 2012 4:28 PM
    Thursday, December 29, 2011 1:05 PM
  • I'm sorry for reply so late, the error is 18456 error, thank for your replies.
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 4:29 PM
  • The error number isn't enough. You find the *reason* for the refusal in the eventlog/errorlog file.
    Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP | web | blog
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 5:20 PM
  • I would always recommend you read http://sqlblog.com/blogs/aaron_bertrand/archive/2011/01/14/sql-server-v-next-denali-additional-states-for-error-18456.aspx which talks about 18456 errors in detail and how to trouble shoot it.

Anup | Database Consultant

Blog: www.sqlsailor.com Twitter: Follow me !

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Thursday, January 5, 2012 6:54 PM