none
Content type syndication - correct approach to field changes - calculated field disappears. RRS feed

• Question

• I have syndication turned on for a content type. I changed a site column field A from multiline text to single line text and the change flowed through to the hub's content type and to wherever that content type was used in the hub in some doclibs. There was also a calculated site column B based on field A, which I also corrected by changing the formula. This change also flowed through to the content type and wherever it was used in the hub.

The change DID NOT flow through to the syndication consumer site. I did not see any errors in the log.hanges to the site columns manually and I notice that the calculated field is no longer present in any of the document libraries where the content type is used. I plan to rebuild the consumer site. I feel fortunate that this is a new staging server still being set up.

What is the correct approach for changes like the one I mentioned? Once we go live, I can not rebuild the site any more.

macrel

Monday, November 26, 2012 3:32 PM