none
Appointments: LastModifiedTime = DateTimeCreated even if Appointment was edited RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, this is a little bit tricky.

I work with the proxy classes (no, I can’t use the Managed API).

An appointment has the properties “DateTimeCreated” and “LastModifiedTime”. When i receive an existing appointment the values of this both properties are different, if this appointment was edited.

This works fine, if I receive the appointments from MY calendar. But when I receive appointments from SHARED calendars, then “LastModifiedTime” has always the same value like “DateTimeCreated”. Even if it was edited before.

Is this a known bug from exchange (I’m using Exchange 2007 SP1)?

What can I do?

Friday, April 8, 2011 8:34 AM

Answers

• After wasting much time, i found the solution.

I recognized, that even outlook shows me the wrong LastModifiedTime. So the problem can’t be my application.

I asked the admin to check the eventlog and the time of the exchange-machine. And my guess was right. He forgot to set the daylight saving time on this machine.

In this case sometimes the LastModifiesTime was smaller than DateTimeCreated. And exchange mean, that this can’t be, so it always sends LastModifiesTime with the equal Time like DateTimeCreated.

• Marked as answer by GambaJo Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:54 AM
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:54 AM

All replies

• This is very funny. For the last days this problem doesn't come back. Everything was fine.

But today suddenly it's back.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 1:46 PM
  • After wasting much time, i found the solution.

I recognized, that even outlook shows me the wrong LastModifiedTime. So the problem can’t be my application.

I asked the admin to check the eventlog and the time of the exchange-machine. And my guess was right. He forgot to set the daylight saving time on this machine.

In this case sometimes the LastModifiesTime was smaller than DateTimeCreated. And exchange mean, that this can’t be, so it always sends LastModifiesTime with the equal Time like DateTimeCreated.

• Marked as answer by GambaJo Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:54 AM
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:54 AM