none
Lower filter driver for MMC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are developing tool for MMC device and the platform is Windows 8 32 bit PC.

We want to analyze MMC commands sequence passed to our MMC device.

MMC device is connected through PCI card. So it follows SD driver stack as given in the msdn link below.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-in/library/windows/hardware/ff537964(v=vs.85).aspx

In Windows 8, sffdisk.sys is replaced by sdstor.sys (please correct me if I am wrong)

Do we need to write lower filter driver to sdstor.sys, if we want to analyze MMC commands?

Please share your ideas.

Thanks,

Raphel

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:59 PM

Answers

• Yes, if you want to see the commands that the driver sends on its own. Otherwise a filter above lets you see the Io coming from above

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:12 PM

All replies

• Yes, if you want to see the commands that the driver sends on its own. Otherwise a filter above lets you see the Io coming from above

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:12 PM
  • Thanks Mr. Doron.

I need to know which driver creates and sends MMC commands whether sffdisk.sys or sdbus.sys.

kindly clarify.

Thanks & Regards,

Raphel

Monday, May 6, 2013 9:30 AM
  • sffdisk.sys

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 5:17 AM
  • Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Raphel

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 11:35 AM