Power Pivot LDAP Connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I cannot connect Power Pivot to an LDAP server. I wonder if you could help me. For my project I need to connect to two databases. First one is an oracle DB for which I could use HostName:Port/ServiceName and it works perfect. The second one is an LDAP server with cn=Oracle context, and a DB Service. I could not figure out how to connect to it. I am new to Power Pivot and appreciate your help.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 5:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Milad - it's likely that you need to specify additional connection string parameters in order to connect. Unfortunately Power Query does not currently support this. We are looking to support this in the future. Until then you could try connecting through our ODBC connector if you're interested, which allows you to specify the full connection string.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 7:20 PM
  • Hi Milad,

You'll need to ensure that you have the latest Power Query update. The video at the top of this page demonstrates how to use Power Query with ODBC connections.

Regards,

Michael Amadi

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to vote it as helpful :)

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:28 PM

All replies

• Did you consider using Power Query to achieve your goal? Power Query Add-in can connect to Active Directory and Oracle (and many other sources). You can load the data to Data Model and then work with PowerPivot on any modeling requirements you have.
    Tuesday, February 3, 2015 7:13 PM
  • Thanks for your response. Yes, I used Power Query using HostName:Port/ServiceName for direct access to Oracle DB. for LDAP access,  I cannot figure it out.
    Tuesday, February 3, 2015 8:07 PM
  • Hi Milad - it's likely that you need to specify additional connection string parameters in order to connect. Unfortunately Power Query does not currently support this. We are looking to support this in the future. Until then you could try connecting through our ODBC connector if you're interested, which allows you to specify the full connection string.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 7:20 PM
  • Thanks for your response Ed. I will try the ODBC connector. I appreciate if you may refer a reading material I can use. 
    Wednesday, February 4, 2015 7:49 PM
  • Hi Milad,

You'll need to ensure that you have the latest Power Query update. The video at the top of this page demonstrates how to use Power Query with ODBC connections.

Regards,

Michael Amadi

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to vote it as helpful :)

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:28 PM