none
Problem Using Find Duplicates Query Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• I have a database with some tables that have a propensity for getting duplicate records on some of the key fields, i.e., Tax ID Number.

When I use the Find Duplicates Query wizard, Access first tells me "Record is Deleted" then "Item not found in this collection". Now I know there are duplicate records as I can see them just scanning the table, so I decided to create a blank Access Database and import solely this table that I want to run the Find Duplicates Query on. Immediately it finds the duplicate records, performing as expected.

What could be causing this Query wizard not to work when working with the complete database? Do table relationships somehow impact this procedure. They don't seem like they should intuitively.

Thursday, June 1, 2017 12:59 PM

Answers

• I'm not sure, but I suspect that the database is corrupted.  Try importing all objects from that database into a new database, and see if the problem occurs in the new DB.

Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
    Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

• Edited by Dirk Goldgar Thursday, June 1, 2017 1:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by GKski Thursday, June 1, 2017 2:51 PM
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 1:33 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure, but I suspect that the database is corrupted.  Try importing all objects from that database into a new database, and see if the problem occurs in the new DB.

Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
    Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

• Edited by Dirk Goldgar Thursday, June 1, 2017 1:33 PM
    • Marked as answer by GKski Thursday, June 1, 2017 2:51 PM
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 1:33 PM
  • Believe you hit it Dirk as importing all objects into a new database worked. thx
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 2:52 PM
  • After that Compact and Repair solved the problem on the full database.
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 2:59 PM