H264 low latency RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I'm trying figure out how to query a given topology for the H264 decoder in order

to set the CODECAPI_AVLowLatencyMode attribute.  I've tried using IMFTopology's GetNode functions to

try to *find* the decoder in order to query for ICodecAPI interface but have not been successful.  

Is there a way to send a mesage to the MFT or am I just going about this wrong.

Jay

Jay

Saturday, March 26, 2016 5:40 PM

Answers

• This was solved... my RTSP source filter was buffering data as well.  Once that was turned off the latency went away however the quality suffered. 

Jay

• Marked as answer by silveja1 Thursday, April 7, 2016 11:28 PM
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 11:28 PM

All replies

• Follow up:

If I add the decoder by hand as an MF_TOPOLOGY_TRANSFORM_NODE I can query and set CODECAPI_AVLowLatencyMode on the ICodeAPI interface.   However, I'm still seeing 3-4 seconds latency when rendering video. 

If I don't specify the decoder in the topology, and call GetFullTopology on the one I built, the decoder is resolved and  I can query for ICodecAPI interface.  However, setting the CODECAPI_AVLowLatencyMode fails in this case.

Does anyone have any insite on latency issue?

Jay

• Marked as answer by silveja1 Thursday, April 7, 2016 11:27 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by silveja1 Thursday, April 7, 2016 11:28 PM
    Monday, March 28, 2016 7:50 PM
  • This was solved... my RTSP source filter was buffering data as well.  Once that was turned off the latency went away however the quality suffered. 

Jay

• Marked as answer by silveja1 Thursday, April 7, 2016 11:28 PM
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 11:28 PM